Sunday, September 07, 2008

CSULB Student

I started college just out of high school, in August of 2002, with the anticipation of becoming an RN one day. After 3 years of school full time and still not finding my niche, I quit. Once I started working full time and got used to the money, I quickly pushed college out of my mind. 2 years later, in the fall of 2007, I decided to go back to school changing my major to a Business Admin degree, with emphasis in Accounting. After one horrible professor and many hours of homework without clear understanding, I again fell back in the rut of no school. Considering the fact the Spring of 2008 meant busy (tax) season while working full time for the accounting firm, I figured school just couldn't be added into that equation. Once summer rolled along, and then the fall, I had an itch to return to school again. Finally, I am a student once again at California State University Long Beach, this time to finish until the end. I will be majoring in Business Administration still, but with an emphasis in Marketing. I enjoy my current position at the accounting firm and hope the degree will increase my possibilities for growth and promotion with the administration department. I should be done in 2 years! (Lord willing!)

3 comments:

SDBarnes said...

CSLUB student... i believe at 7:19pm, you are supposed to be studying.... hmmm

cMc said...

Good for you! It's never too late! I'm still working on my AA! LOL (Not Alcoholics Anonymous either! LOL)

James Wilder said...

Hey... found you through Kissa's page. Kudos for taking another stab at school.

Check out Mission242.com... you may be interested, being at CSLUB and all.