Friday, October 03, 2008

When life throws you lemons, make lemonade!


So this past week was one of the toughest weeks I've had in quite sometime. Life has just thrown me some lemons lately and I haven't been able to make lemonade! Due to school and my first set of midterms coming up shortly, work and the stress there, my health issues that are seemingly unresolved, and just other stuff. To make it worse, I found out that my medical bills from all of the unexpected appointments and procedures I've had recently are going to cost me over $1,000. That completely put me over the top. Thankfully, I have faith in Jesus, even if sometimes it's hard to trust Him, and I have the amazing support of wonderful parents, and a great job where I actually just received a raise this past week. God is truly GOOD! I am feeling much better today, but I'm still trying to work through my issues and deal with everything! We have Ground Zero (@ STWC) coming up this weekend and I'm looking forward to being fed spiritually and filling up my spiritual tank in order to face what's ahead in the next few months. I'm getting a much needed pedicure tonight and hoping for an evening of pure relaxation! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a new year and a fresh start.

4 comments:

Andrew Dillon said...

I can't remember if we've ever actually met or not... (I was just with your brother on friday night)

But I wanted to comment about ur unexpected medical bills. I had a similar situation several years ago, and found that by talking to a manager in the billing dept at the hospital, that they SUBSTANTIALLY lowered the amount I personally owed.

I just explained to them that I couldn't afford that much, could they do anything to help me. They asked what I COULD afford, and they accepted what I offered.

Hopefully it'll work for you too.

Carissa Lopez. said...

Take Andy's advice!! I RARELY say that about his advice but do it! haha jk Andy!


love ya sarah!

Mary Frances said...

Hey! i saw you on one stop, how can I get on?

Chandra said...

In Jesus' name! I've claimed my dental needs in the name of Jesus (among other things), and know that He will mos def come through for me and you, too!!!

Chandra